Tuesday, 26 June 2012
Another boring GP day
1. Patient with severe trigeminal neuralgia and associated dental infection-needed hospital admission.
2. Lady with long standing silver nose stud, which had migrated through the nasal skin into the nasal mucosa lining.
3. Seventeen year old with mumps. Hardly see this nowadays.
4. Fifty year old male with haematemesis and severe inter scapular pain. Off to hospital he goes.
5. Sweet 5 year old lass with stool holding, constipation and abdominal pain
6. And a 3 year old with stool holding and constipation!
7. A weary 92 year old who continues to worry about the health of her son. On multiples drugs. So in discussion with her and her daughter and son, we rationalised and stopped thee different medications. It's so difficulty to know just how much benefit is likely to be gained by what amounts to preventative medications-especially with what must be a limited life expectancy.
8. A guy with an acutely painful swollen knee. Probably gout. So I aspirated the joint and await the microscopy report. In meanwhile he has some Arcoxia.
9. A visitor from South Africa with post-menopausal bleeding. To hospital on Two week Wait.
10. A 3 year old with breathlessness and wheeze which didn't respond to nebulised Salbutamol.He gradually worsened so I admitted him with ? pneumonia.
And they are the ones I can remember...happy days.
It's always a bit chancy to give someone a book. A little like recommending a restaurant. Will others like it? Will the service be as go...
Most of us have heard of Westboro Baptist Church and their truly awful behaviour towards gay people. They are not alone in giving Christiani...
Just love this song. It first penetrated my male emotional armour in the year 2000 when my dear brother John was dying. It spoke to me in ...
I've just so enjoyed reading The Penguin Lessons by Tim Michell. It really is a lovely read. Whilst travelling to Argentina to teach i...